Selling a home is one of the most important financial decisions that a person can make in his or her lifetime. As a result, homeowners often seek the assistance of a real estate agent to help facilitate the sales process. In recent years, however, the information and services available online have empowered increasing numbers of homeowners to save tens of thousands of dollars by selling their homes on their own.
Standard practice in the real estate industry suggests that homeowners pay an average of 3% of a home’s sales price in commissions to each party’s real estate agent (commissions totaling 6% of the sales price of the home if both the seller and buyer are represented by real estate agents). That is, a home sold for $200,000 (where both parties are represented by agents) traditionally requires the seller to pay $12,000 of this amount in commissions. In order to avoid paying such high commissions, more and more homeowners are choosing to sell their homes as “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO) properties. Although selling a home without the assistance of a real estate agent may sound intimidating, thousands of homeowners are successful in doing so each year. In fact, 9% of total U.S. home sales in 2012 were FSBO properties.
Nestseller minimizes the complexity of the FSBO sales process by providing homeowners of all types (single-family, condominium, etc.) with the following services:
- The Nestseller Step-By-Step Guide, which assists homeowners in navigating the eight steps of the FSBO sales process, including marketing tips, advice on offers to purchase, and a walk-through of the settlement process.
- A printable Master Checklist covering the entirety of the FSBO sales process.
- Access to State-Specific Forms used during home listings, offers, negotiations, and closing/settlement.
- Additional Premium Content that provides detailed information on how to maximize profit and avoid potential challenges during the FSBO sales process.
- The latest news, tips, suggestions, and solutions to simplify the FSBO process.
- FSBO news, with additional suggestions on, and solutions to, the FSBO sales process.
- The know-how to avoid costly real estate agent commissions, allowing homeowners to keep more of their nest eggs when selling their nests!